Saturday 29 December 2012

The Rules


Well there aren’t any really, more a set of guidelines… what do you take me for? Some sort of Authoritarian?

In a nutshell, I aim to distribute as many books as possible to as many people as possible, generally within return cycling distance of Altrincham - WA14 4PH, to pick a random postcode (mylocal boozer). For the winter I’m going to limit this as far as possible to 50 miles (i.e .within 25 miles of above postcode) – when it gets a bit lighter and warmer (and I get a bit fitter) I may extend the distance. I will attract takers, I hope, by the use of various Social Media. I will share as much info as the takers are happy to share on this blog so if you have specific reasons for wanting the book, are happy to have a picture taken or will provide a review, all the better (but you don’t have to do any of these things if you don’t want).

I’m happy to deliver direct to your house or to meet you outside your local village landmark, whichever you’re comfortable with. If you live miles away but really want the book I can post but I’ll want a contribution to cost – I’m thinking minimum Amazon charge (£2.81) – any surplus goes into the pot – if it’s a large item which will cost more I’ll advertise the fact.

For every book I deliver by bike I will add £1 to the charity pot plus 1p per mile travelled (return) – so £1.50 for a 50 mile return journey.

The aim at the moment is to contribute to the Key 103 cash for kids Xmas charity next December (2013) (http://www.key103.co.uk/charity/about-us/about/ ) with monies / toys to be handed over on December 1st.  If you want to contribute having received a book please do at http://www.justgiving.com/booksbybike - I’ll be adding a monthly amount at the end of each month.

I’m also expecting to get fitter and lose some weight as a result of my endeavours and I’ll be contributing £5 per lb lost (current weight 200lb) and will also encourage friends, relatives and complete strangers to sponsor me accordingly.

I hope you will help me in helping raise funds and awareness for vulnerable children throughout the Greater Manchester area at a time when services provided to them are becoming increasingly threatened.

No comments:

Post a Comment